Typically, a “traditional” Alabama Winter is mild; however, we do have those days when the temperature dips below 32 degrees.
When Jack Frost hangs around for several days in a row, we usually feel the impact of Jack’s cousin, Mr. Pipes O. Freezing!
There are several steps you can take to reduce the risk of freezing pipes:
- Provide a back-up power source in case of power outages in your building.
- Monitor sprinkler system temperatures with a central system so you can be notified if the temperature plummets.
- Make sure your building is properly insulated, with no cracks or leaks.
- Install a monitored access flow switch on the main incoming water line to give you early warning of a broken pipe.
- Install pipe insulators or heat trace tape with a reliable power source.
It is always wise to reach out to a certified commercial plumber to make sure your pipes are prepared for the upcoming winter.
Questions about your cold-weather readiness? Call Hardy Services today to schedule a free consultation.