In virtually every office, “thermostat wars” rage: some like it hot, while some like it cold, and companies find it impossible to please everyone.
In a recent study by the Indoor Environment Group, indoor.lbl.gov, some key findings were made:
- 50% of respondents say they were dissatisfied several times with the temperature in their office.
- 42% of the respondents say they are too warm during the summer, while 56% report they are too cold during the winter.
- 60% of the respondents say that having more control over their office’s temperature would increase their productivity.
- The median preferred office temperature for women is 72 degrees Fahrenheit, compared to 70 degrees Fahrenheit for men.
- Frequency of dissatisfaction with temperatures increases with age: Employees between the ages of 46 to 55 are 36% more likely to be dissatisfied with their environment than their coworkers between the ages of 18 to 25.
Modern day technology and Building Automation Software could be a great way to show your employees the concern and willingness to create a happy work environment.
Please consider Hardy Services for your Building Automation needs. Let Hardy Services be a part of accomplishing your business goals by helping your employees be more productive.
If you’d like to set up a time to discuss your Building Automation needs, please call us at 591-5678 or visit us at hardyserv.com